Fire causes damage at Sheffield pool

An outside electrical box in the boiler/pump room at the Sheffield pool sparked a fire last week. SUBMITTED PHOTO

A fire sparked in the boiler/ pump room at the Sheffield pool last week.

On Sunday, July 2, at around 3 p.m., the Sheffield Fire Department and Sheffield EMS team responded to the fire, which was caused by an outside electrical box, according to Public Works Director Patrick Nuehring.

There was damage as a result of the fire, but the city has not yet received a dollar figure from an insurance claims adjuster.

At the time of the fire, the pool was open and people were swimming, but it was immediately closed, and reopened on Wednesday, July 5, after the situation was handled. The pool is now up and running again without problems.

Read the full article in the July 13 edition of the papers.